Friday, July 19, 2013

New Posts

So it is the summer months and I was wondering what all of you would like to see post wise. I'm on a 3 hour train ride to Connecticut and I'll be on another 3 hour one on Sunday, so I'll have a lot of time to blog. Please message me on Facebook (Forrest Bender-Kentwell), E-mail me (fk246898@muhlenberg.edu) or post here about what you would like me to write about. I'm up for discussing just about everything.

Right now I'm working on a post about Matthew Elliott, Charles Jock and a couple other runners who have very different training but are all very successful. I'd love to discuss training methods on this blog, because I'm constantly following professional runners and studying training methods and how it pertains to you guys as high school students.

If all of you aren't really big into professional runner, I would HIGHLY recommend  watching the following interviews with Matthew Elliott who placed 4th at the US championships this year. He is truly inspirational in many ways and had a big impact on my decision to write a post on high school training.
http://www.flotrack.org/speaker/17787-Matthew-Elliott/video/717340-MUST-WATCH-More-insight-into-Matthew-Elliott-after-33707-talks-about-response-from-public-after-USAs
http://www.flotrack.org/speaker/17787-Matthew-Elliott/video/715050-Matthew-Elliott-Full-Time-Teacher-Gets-4th-at-USAs-Watch-this-Interview

5 comments:

  1. Do league previews!
    Chesmonts,WPIAL, PCL etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were Forrest, I would do more like a weekly preview, but no race specific posts until leagues or districts. So that way he could say more general coverage of the entire state. Like I would much rather read "Look forward to Russell and Barchet battle with James at Briarwood unless Deluca really steps up," than an extremely long race preview. Districts and leagues are different because they start to actually mean things. But the early part should be focused more on enjoying and less about analyzing. Its much more fun to just look at results and see how people are running than it is to knit-pick over seconds in September.

      Delete
  2. I would like to see a very thorough analysis of the Henderson vs O'Hara match up pre-season, Briarwood, Districts, States and NXN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say make a fundamentals post. Things that are extremely important to be a successful cross country runner that are often overlooked.

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete