Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Updated Runner and Teams List. No explanations

I want this to be the top post for a while, but I think I'll do more in depth team discussion things as well coming up later in the month. I would like to see more top 10, 25, 50 ect Runner's in the state post so we can discuss it along with team rankings. I love hearing what you guys have to say and since I'm new to posting formally it helps me out. The more discussion the better the sport and blog is, in my opinion.

Also, I'm thinking about doing mini write up interviews where I send questions and you the runners can answer them and we can have them posted on the blog. I'll edit anything I believe gives away too much about training, ect. Although that is something I'd love to discuss on the blog in the future was well: Training methods. I study training methods quite a bit and I believe there can be many ways to be a successful runner. Let me know if you guys would be interested in that as a topic of discussion at some point. My e-mail is fk246898@muhlenberg.edu if you want to do an interview. I want to try and do a skype interview at least once a week during the XC season and maybe during the end of summer get a few up as well in preparation for the season. If you guys or anyone you know who is a PA high school runner might be interested in this please feel free to contact me. And don't forget to post new idea's for the blog as well, I'm always open to criticism and just totally new directions as well. I want to try and keep it interesting and engaging for everyone :)

Also if you would like to discuss courses in any district to post up on the blog feel free to E-mail me as well. I'll do little write up's for Briarwood, and other courses that I've raced before about the week before the races, but if I could get a nice list of courses with your input and descriptions to get ready for the season that'd be fantastic! fk246898@muhlenberg.edu is the e-mail if you forgot.

Top 50 Runners (If you want me to add Team, Grade and District I will)
1. Tony Russell
2. Brent Kennedy
3. Ethan Martin
4. Ross Wilson
5. Reiny Barchet
6. Kevin James
7. Sam Webb
8. Dominic Deluca
9. Colin Martin
10. Zach Brehm
11. Colin Abert
12. Jake Brophy
13. Jeremy Parsons
14. Sam Ritz
15. Matt McGoey
16. Aaron Gebhart
17. Griffin Molino
18. Cole Nissley
19. Matt Willig
20. Christian Kardish
21. Jim Belfatto
22. Ben Szuhaj
23. Aiden Demko
24. Eric Stratman
25. Chris Kazanjian
26. Patrick Reilly
27. Jeff Groh
28. Sam Haugh
29. Cordon Louco
30. Seamus Collins
31. Aaron Benka
32. Dominic Hockenberry
33. Eric Diestelow
34. William Cather
35. Chris Cummings
36. Matt Kazanjian
37. Seamus Love
38. Kyle Francis
39. Nathan Sloan
40. Brady Wilt
41. Alex Knapp
42. Brandon Bilotta
43. Billy Caldwell
44. Aaron Lauer
45. Caleb Wakeley
46. Joesph Logue
47. Scott Seel
48. Chris Kienzle
49. Jacob Connors
50. Kevin Moy

Top 10 Teams
1. West Chester Henderson
2. Cardinal O'Hara
3. North Allegheny
4. Lower Dauphin
5. Council Rock North
6. Great Valley
7. State College
8 Tunkhannock
9. Fox Chapel
10. West Chester East

That's all for now Folks!

--ForrestCRN

16 comments:

  1. One blog suggestion: Course Discussion.

    As a District One runner I never have any idea about what the courses outside of the southeast are like and would like to know what other guys are running on. So maybe you do a post or series of posts talking about each district's championship course and other notable courses around PA.

    Also a small typo on the list, you had me down as "Christ Cummings", which is funny but not really accurate.

    Thanks and keep up the good work.

    - Cummings, WC East

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love the course discussion thing, all I know is the stuff out west, so, I think that would be awesome.

      Delete
    2. I can see it now "Chris (Christ)- The second Cumming"

      Delete
    3. Thank you for giving your life for all the times I've run without stretching

      Delete
  2. Why did you feel the need to alter the excruciatingly detailed 1st list? Regardless of whether people agreed or not, it was your list. I'm just confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I responded to someone earlier, my list wasn't totally accurate because I had some guys like Brehm and Wilson where I thought they would be at the end of the season and others where I thought they'd be at the start of the season like Chris Kazanjian. I also forgot his brother and Wakeley from the list so I added them and took off Meehan who graduated. Now the whole list is for the runners at the beginning of the season and I like it much better.

      And the Chris (Christ) -- The Second Cumming made me cry laughing, that was wonderful.

      As for the course discussions I have that idea in a work document and was going to bring it out towards the beginning of the season. I really like the idea because I don't know courses out west. I'll add that to the post of things people can e-mail me about and we can have course discussion posts :)

      Thanks for reminding me!

      And keep the posts Cumming for Christs sake!

      --ForrestCRN

      Delete
  3. yeah I agree. Stick to your original picks. I'm not trying to bash you here but if you're going to make a list it should only be 1 list. Or else the new list just seems pointless and has less value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look, what I was saying is that I messed up my old list, because it wasn't fair that some guys were ranked where they could be at the beginning while others were ranked at the end. I can make an end of the season ranking list as well. But a mixed list, I think was unfair to all of you as an audience.

      It's not that I'm backing up on my picks. I still believe that Russell, Wilson, and Brehm will be top 3 at the end of the season. As for the team picks, I changed two of them due to the loss of one guy and my new knowledge of another. Really nothing has changed on the lists.

      --ForrestCRN

      Delete
    2. I think you meant Patrick Reilly (not Riley) and Brady (not Brad) Wilt. I have run against both of them the last two years since they are both in my league. They are both great runners, as is Aaron Gebhart (also in my league) so I will be looking for all of them to do well this year. Nice to see the little YAIAA get some love.

      Delete
  4. Eric Kennedy (Brent's younger brother) runs 17:55 at Pittsburgh 5K today. He could show up big this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going into freshman year. Ran sub-4:40 in track

      Delete
  5. Why didn't Tony Russell or Sam Haugh run the Triple Threat Relay with the rest of their team last week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe on vacation? It is summer time.

      Delete
    2. Sam Haugh is no longer running competitively.

      Delete
  6. Top AAA Teams in PA: (Beginning of Season)

    1. West Chester Henderson
    There's no real way to argue against them. The only questions surrounding them are what place at nationals for the team and then the half a dozen or so top guns that they have. I wouldn't be totally surprised if they low-keyed it for the first month of the season, but Henderson's low-key is still better than just about everybody else.

    2. North Allegheny
    Six solid XC returners who had an excellent spread should make for a lethal team this year.

    3. Cardinal O'hara
    Feel like they are losing a bunch of strong distance guys (except James obviously) and will have to train some speedy 800 runners for the distance but they can definitely be back up in contention for a trophy.

    4. Lower Dauphin
    Six returners like NA but more spread out. However, they do have two defined top guns in Nissley and Groh.

    5. West Chester East
    Close call with Great Valley, but WCE usually runs well in the early season while GV makes its appearance later. Some nice front runners but they'll need to find people to back it up.

    6. Great Valley
    Very similar to WCE, nice front runners but need to develop some backup. They will be good come States but may take longer to come along than other teams.

    7. Council Rock North
    Wilson is a great piece up top but behind him they have a few decent returners and then open spots. But the tradition of success is there so some younger guys could easily step it up and move this team up the list.

    8. Fox Chapel
    Martin bros offer a chance at a lot of glory for this school. Behind that they have two returners off last year's state team who they'll need to step up and then at least a fifth to come from somewhere before this team can move up this board.

    9. Altoona Area
    Five returners and a 39 second spread at D6 districts last year where they beat State College. They should be able to come along nicely and do well.

    10. State College
    Like Altoona, five returners with the benefit of a strong lead guy in Cather. I guess this is a pessimistic ranking for them but I would like to see a bit more before I move them up in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As for Henderson they did lose one of their top guns this year. Sam Haugh quit running and joined a Crew team. Even with the loss of Haugh Henderson will still Probobly pull something out as they seem to always do .

    ReplyDelete