Sunday, June 23, 2013

And We're Back!!!

I have just returned from my trip to Spain and Morocco and I must say that it was an unreal experience. I've learned a lot and for all of you high schooler's if you have the ability to study abroad or take a Gap Year/Wuff, I would highly recommend it. But you don't need to hear about my trip... I think we all have one thing on our minds

XC PREDICTIONS

I'm currently formulating a list and writing up explanations for my picks. I will be doing a top 50 list much like Etrain did: A combination of runners for all 3 Divisions along with the Independent League runners along with a top 10 teams list. It will include Name, Grade School (District-Class). There are a lot of fantastic runners returning to the PA scene and I'm quite excited to get the ball rolling on this blog. I saw that you guys started posting a bit with next years predictions on the previous thread. I would love it if we could use this post as a prediction area until I get my post up. It should be within the next week. I've got about 75 runners on a list and explanations for some of them. Just need to finish the explanations and do the order (which is the toughest part). I've got an essay to write for my class trip, but honestly it's secondary to this blog right now.

As for Nationals, I'm sorry I didn't finish that post. If you guys would like me to go back an finish that I will. I saw the results and it seemed as though PA didn't do as hot as we were capable of. Congrats to Wellington Zaza though on the national championship! I've heard he's a great kid and seems to be a really hard worker, so well deserved.

I will be keeping you guys updating and I will be responding to posts as well.

I hope all of your summers are going well along with the start of training for XC season.

That's all for now Folks!

--ForrestCRN

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for Forrest! Out of curiosity, what happened to the guy that actually started this blog? Not that you aren't doing a great job Forrest, but will he still be contributing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly have no idea who started the blog. It's under Shearn's name, but I don't think it's really him who started it. I'm waiting for whomever it is to e-mail me and let me know if they will continue writing, but until then I'm going to do my best to run the blog. I don't want to split up our community. RTJ will be helping me as well.

      And thanks :)

      --ForrestCRN

      Delete
  2. Props to Zaza, but he is no kid. Dude is 20...at least. When his family came here from Liberia, they stuck him in kindergarten because he had no schooling with that busted government, but I heard he was 8 when he started. Sounds like Cheserek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to school with from 7th-10th and I've never heard that once. Coach Nelson would never have broken the rules to let a runner run, no matter how good he was so I don't believe that story to be true. We had cases like that in Upper Darby and I know of one from Strath Haven and they didn't run once they were too old so I'm not sure of the legitimacy of that accusation.

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with RTJ. PIAA and coaches are very strict about age rules and regulations.

    --ForrestCRN

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the age rules, specifically? The only one I was aware of was that runners are only eligible for four years, while they are in 9th-12th grade. By that logic, it wouldn't matter how old a runner is so long as they have only been competing at the high school level for four years. Then again, I'm no expert, there are most likely other rules in place that I'm not aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rules are you are only allowed 6 years of running (7th-12th grade) and no more. If you get held back you cannot run another year. I think the age cap is 19. If you turn 19 before the season you cannot run.

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because his family were refugees, they arrived with no birth certificates, so no way to verify his age. It is what it is. He's a great & inspirational guy-can't wait to follow his college career & beyond.

    ReplyDelete