Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mishmosh Post

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have tried many times to write an article about

Madison Holleran, the situation, and the stress around school, athletics, and social adherence at college, especially during freshman year, but the words never seemed quite right, so I will say this: My thoughts and prayers go out to Madison, her family, and her friends. I cannot fathom how difficult of a time it is for all of them. I am sorry I cannot right more on the subject, but it just does not feel right.

I have no idea how to transition from such a topic, but sadly we must move on to more PA high school things, and I am sincerely sorry I cannot do Madison and her story more justice. The Daily Pennsylvanian article on her is quite good and the link is on PennTrack if you wish to read further.

Bible Baptist College HS Invite:
The results have just come in for this meet and I must say I'm pretty excited about them. Matt Kravitz was a sophomore to watch after his big performances this summer and he became a district champion in XC. He opened his season with a nice 4:36.00 in a tie against Tyler Vella (sr). Vella doubled back in a 2:05 effort for a win in the 800m. Vella was a 4:25 guy outdoors last season and I think he'll be able to dip around the low 4:20 mark this outdoor season. I think it would be fantastic to see he and Kravitz go at it again later in the indoor season to see if they could dip under the SQS mark in the 1600m. Kravitz is definitely a guy to watch going forward as he is clearly a very talented young man.

In other news, once I can get my hands on a Kevin Dare Performance List I will make a post or video about that. I do plan on putting up a video this Sunday discussing the weekend performances along with some speculation and questions as we move forward to the last month of the season.

Lastly, for those who follow the professional scene, the Brooks Beast Track club will be racing the NY/NJ Track club in two weekends in an attempt at the World 4x800m Record of 7:13.94. I am super hyped up about this meeting and I have no doubt that the record will go down, but the real question becomes how fast can they go? I'm hoping 7:10 will be broken. It will be held at the New Balance Grand Prix. You can read more at http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/251001-NB-Boston-Indoor-Grand-Prix-2014/article/24463-Assault-on-4x800m-WR-Set-in-NBIGP 

That's all for Now Folks! Stay Classy

--ForrestCRN

1 comment:

  1. Could anybody give me a general idea of the schedule for an indoor meet? First one coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete