Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hill School Invitational - Upcoming Meets!



The Hill School Invitational
Burd and Mills torched the track in the girls 1 Mile run both running 5:16 with Burd nipping Mills at the line by .11 seconds. They were almost 30 seconds in front of the field. Both are state Q performances.

After placing 42nd at NXN, Olivia Young dropped a really nice 10:28 3k to easily qualify by 17 seconds. She will be a major threat in the 3k this indoor season. 

On the boy’s side I thought it was interesting to see Gunnar Sjoreen running the 400m dash as he placed 4th in 54.62, I’m guessing we’ll see him in the 800m a bunch this track season. David O’Such’s family has a history of running the 800 and he ran a quick 51.64, he may move up in distance as well.

Paul Power continues his strong results running 4:36 to win the Mile by 5 seconds! Colin Abert, coming off a break after FL regionals, placed 3rd in 4:41.80 getting beat out by Carlos Price-Sanchez of Friends’ Central. Price-Sanchez also finished second in 2:06 in the 800m, which isn’t a bad double this early. I can’t wait to see Power and Abert drop some time later in the season. I think Power has great potential in the 3k and I’m hoping he races it a bunch this season after a breakout year in XC. P-S seems to be stronger on the track than in XC and should have a solid chance of qualifying for states in the Mile.

Kevin Lapsansky ran a strong 9:29 for 3k as a sophomore which is strong coming off of XC. The most recent example I can think of is Jake Brophy running 9:29 right after his freshman season. Obviously it’s not a perfect fit as Lapsansky is a sophomore and not a freshman, but this young gun has a lot of potential and has a great teammate in Colin Abert to help push him.

This weekend I’m excited and really hoping to see some big guns roll out some sub 9 3k’s at Lehigh. I am about 85% sure I will be in attendance doing interviews and race videos, so look out for me! I’ll be in Muhlenberg College Gear. (I don’t mean to promote my college, but it’s fairly distinctive).
The Bishop Loughlin games should be a really great opportunity for some fast times, and I’m hoping that a few teams from PA will show up. The DVGTCA Indoor Meet #2 should yield some fast times on the ladies side as well. I’m not sure if Schwartz will race the Mile or 3k to try and qualify after her 6th place finish at FL, but I wouldn’t be shocked. The Maroon and Gold Invitational should also be pretty quick. Last season we saw Carlisle and I’d love to see them jump start their season at this meet if they’re running indoors. It’s much earlier than last season, and it’s a pretty slow track, but getting competition in, is always good. 

Also shameless plug for the Netflix Show 'House of Cards'. The first season is over, so I'm a bit late on the uptake, but it's one heck of a show and I'd recommend checking it out. So shameless plug on that. Also I wanted to say that Etrain is making a Virtual Meet from 2006 until now. I'm pretty excited about the process as I'm going over it right now as a final draft is slowly being created. It should be coming out tomorrow evening, and that is definitely worth checking out as well!

That's all for Now Folks!

--ForrestCRN

16 comments:

  1. Thank you Forrest for changing the subject and moving on!

    Btw you might have typo up there, your reference to looking forward to seeing some ‘big guns rollout’ actually reads big ‘runs’, unless you’re referring to major diarrhea problem at Lehigh this weekend, which does happen sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going to lie, Abert's first mile was very disappointing. I'd expect him to be close to the SQS at least, especially since he wants to be a 4:10 runner by the end of outdoor. If he doesn't go sub 4:20 indoors he has no shot. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with this being a small meet, but I would have liked for him to win at least since the person he lost to basically had the same break he did.

    Making States and running 51.84 in the 400 this early is no joke. If that meet didn't have Spikes on, Such is setting himself up to be a 48 runner, indoors. Only runners I can think of that have done such are State champions and record holders. Futch ran 50.3 the first meet and Hardy ran 50.6. Worley ran 51.4 that meet and is a 48/21 runner. The point is, Such's time is legit and I only think he runs the 800 is if he has to for a relay.

    I'm surprised Young ran the 3k, but it was a solid time nonetheless. I expected her to go a little faster, about 10:15-ish, but with no competition that would have been hard.

    BL games will be interesting to see if anyone qualifies for Millrose/what people run in off distances (300/600). A rare 3200m indoors is there too, so that'll be good to gauge what the State has to offer.

    At the regular boys meet, I'm hoping to see a fast 3k. Sadly, Cummings and Wilson aren't in the same division... so that match up won't happen. If I had to guess, it will be just one guy dominating each division.

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about the 3K races being dominated. You could have one of the Kazanjains, Fowler, Hoey, and the Downingtown boys in those races. Others like Caldwell and Hare could also run good 3K, but I am guessing they will run the 800 or mile.

      Delete
    2. Who's running the mile?

      Delete
    3. Kevin james could be in the 3000 not sure what division he is tho

      Delete
    4. Ross Wilson is taking time off, but Brian Arita will be running the 3k for CRN and shooting for ~9:10.

      On another note, Will Cather dropped a 50.8 hand time and is running the 3k later tonight.

      Altoona's 4x8 went 8:20, but State College's B Team (5-8 guys) just ran 8:24 for second, which is quite impressive. Seems like they're really going at it at State College's first invitational of the season. I'm excited to see the official results!

      --ForrestCRN

      Delete
    5. DWest is signed up so they'll be some quick times in all the distance events.

      Delete
    6. COH is in Division 2. However, as of this morning, they are not signed up for the meet.

      Delete
    7. It's gonna take 4:25 to win the mile.

      Delete
    8. Last year at Lehigh, mile was won with 4:29 and 4:31

      Delete
  3. Could we get more detail on the virtual meet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. www.therealtrain.blogspot.com look through for the virtual xc posts ... Some of his stuff his kinda junk but he has interesting ideas ... A little full of himself tho to think his opinion is enough to make legit rankings tho?

      Delete
  4. For the BL games; Ritz, Marston, Zatlin, and Anna Willig are signed up for the two miles. They don't have the other races listed, but I would assume Matt Willig will be racing there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt Willig will not be racing there.

      -RTJ

      Delete
  5. Could someone please tell me if there will be a YouTube feed for the BL games. If there is one could you please post the link? I've been looking for the channel and am not 100% if I got the right one.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SC Invite #1 results are up. Any chance of an analysis there?

    ReplyDelete