Monday, October 20, 2014

Inter-AC League Championships



 First I wanted to state that I'm fairly busy this week, since I'm reading an extremely difficult text called "The Black Atlantic" by Paul Gilroy. To any ambitious academics out there, this is an amazing piece of work. So that will be consuming my time. Etrain has some amazing previews and I have a link to his blog in the top right hand corner (if you guys haven't noticed already), so please check out his stuff and comment over there as well. I will have my own mini inputs either on this blog or in the form of a comment on his blog. I'm not sure how I'll do it just yet, but for full analysis check his stuff out, since he's got the free time to help provide the best content right now.

That being said, lets talk about the Inter-AC League Championships!

I think Malvern Prep made a great decision in holding off racing the Hoey brothers. They’ve got the racing experience they need and they don’t need to keep having all out efforts. This break is going to be key for their success in late November. 

As for those who raced I am excited moving forward. Sam Ritz ran 4 seconds faster than he did last season and he solo’d the race winning over McDevitt by 39 seconds. He’s positioning himself very well to grab a spot to Footlocker nationals and I think he’s about ~8-12 right now for the people I’ve got going to that meet (depending on who races it, but that’s for post-states analysis). Either way Ritz has really impressed me this season and he continued that trend this weekend.

Malvern Prep boys looked great. McDevitt is 20 seconds faster than he was last season and Wills and Doane are where McDevitt was last season, which theoretically puts them at 45th and 47th place, which is where Wills was last season and Doane being there will be key. This team in the back of their squad scoring a total of 60 points would be pretty good, so they’ll need to continue to make improvements to try and be in the top 40 of that race, but with a low stick in Jaxson and top 25 expected finishes from Josh Hoey and McDevitt these guys have an outside shot at making nationals as a team from the looks of it, which is what I expected going into the season, so they’re right on track or just a bit ahead of my expectations.

Not to harp on this too much, but there are more Hoey’s and Ritz’s to be excited about in the future. Jonah Hoey ran 11:07 for 3k to win the middle school race and Daniel Ritz ran 11:30 in the 3k. We’ll obviously see how they pan out. WARNING: I will delete any comments about the Hoey or Ritz family if it’s even slightly offensive or out of line, so please, refrain from pushing this issue. I am merely pointing something out. 

That's all for now Folks!
--ForrestCRN

3 comments:

  1. Jaxson has a broken foot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a stress fracture? Or a full on broken foot?

      Delete
  2. So Hoey is not out with a fracture? Conflicting information out there. Didn't realize the Ritz family had such depth.
    I actually don't see MP moving on to NXN.
    They've done exceedingly well, yes but Jason's health is in question and they are very iffy after #4. They need to be more complete to make it

    ReplyDelete