Saturday, October 19, 2013

PA runners in College + More!



 Hey guys, I just wanted to start this post discussing conduct in terms of posts. I love to hear the feed back and that's why I run this blog is to hear what all of you have to say along with providing some of my own insight. Your participation is what separates this blog from PennTrack and I don't want to have to censor comments. I'm big into free speech, but the vulgar language and acting like other people is not funny. It is rude and unacceptable. The "-Don" quotes were funny for a while, I'll admit, but it's gotten out of hand. PennTrack does do a good job with getting results and the interviews aren't that bad. They allow me to do what I do, without the results my job wouldn't be possible. So please, keep the positive comments coming and the negative ones elsewhere. Watching interviews with PA's top guys is always great to see, everyone truly is classy from this state and I don't like when some people ruin that great reflection for most of you out there.

Wisco Invitational PA Finishers (To my knowledge) – Championship Race
Jake Kildoo – 148th place 24:36 (4:57 pace)
Austin Gregor – 196th place 24:54 (5:01 pace)
Ryan Gil (first XC Race!) 205th place 24:58 (5:02 pace)
Dustin Wilson 243rd place 25:29 (5:08 pace)
Wisco Invitatinoal PA Finishers (To My knowledge) – ‘B’ Race
Joe Kush 4th place 24:33 (4:57 pace)
Juris Silenieks 13th place 24:56 (5:01 pace)
Nothing crazy from the Wisco invitational from any PA guys. Glad to see that Gil is running on college. He’s only had about 3 races since he’s been at school. Kildoo, Kush, and Silenieks are always need each other time wise which is great to see as they are continuing to improve. Gregor continues to make huge jumps which I love to see.

Pre-Nat’s PA Finishers (To My Knowledge)
Matt Fisher – 29th 23:59.4
Radford Gunzenhauser –  112th 24:42.6
Connor Quinn – 151st 24:58.0
Nick Scarpello – 156th 24:58.8
Brendan Shearn – 172nd 25:02.9
Brad Miles – 198th 25:10.3
Chris Campbell – 25:13.4
John Trueman – 228th 25:19.1
Sam Hibbs – 232nd 25:20.5
Austin Pondel – 235th 25:22.1
Ryan Horgan – 349th 25:51.2
Matt Fisher had the race of his life placing 29th in a huge and talented field. He beat out Freshman fenom Jake Leingang along with other studs like Tyler Udland and Michael Atchoo. I’d love to see him keep this up and make Nats as an individual. As for other guys, Miles is on his last season and he hasn’t put anything great out there. His high school rival Gunzenhauser looked pretty solid, but nothing too impressive. I like the way some of the freshman are running like Quinn and Shearn though.

 Stay Classy!

 --ForrestCRN

P.S. District Previews start coming out tomorrow along with a new Top 50! Also I am going to try and make it to the District 11 meet to watch Abert crush his current course record and to see Freedom rolling. So look to see me there on Wednesday. And on Saturday I'll be down at Lehigh hanging around and doing interviews. I'd love to get to know you guys so come say hi at either one of those meets. I'll be wearing Muhlenberg gear (black and red).

5 comments:

  1. With all the conference meets happening early in the week, we all forgot about PCLs today. Not that there's any doubt about the team winner, but how close will LaSalle make the race and how fast does James try to go. Or is there an upset?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And District 8 is today... The results always come out way late for that meet, but it looks like the male winner is Zackary Wierzchowski (no idea how close spelling is. I just saw what it says on the interview) from Carrick. This kid won last year in the 18s, so I'm not expecting a huge drop or anything top 50 worthy, but congratulations to the kid for repeating. Regardless of what people say about district 8, its a PIAA district, and its an honor to be a district champ. Congrats

      Delete
  2. OH tried for the shut out again at PCL's and once again fails. The last two years proved there are bigger and better goals to achieve than trying to grab some meaningless headline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't call 16 points a failure. The strength of their competition is iffy though. It makes you wonder how they would do at this point in the season if they ran Chesmonts.

      Delete
    2. I really don't think it was their goal its just that the pcl isn't that strong so they got close and they have an advantage where they don't have to run hard at their district meet like D1 people they always take it easy at d12

      Delete